Pages

Monday 30 December 2013

Some upsetting moments of 2013

Death of my cousin: - The most saddest moment was death of my cousin. He passed away at the start of 2013.

Old father taking care of his mentally challenged adult son: - While doing my internship in Lokmanya Tilak Municipal General Hospital’s (Sion Hospital) Psychiatry ward in Mumbai, I encountered a helpless & depressed father who used to bring his mentally challenged adult son aged between 28 to 35 years. It was very depressing to see a poor old man beyond 60 years of age taking such pains of caretaking his son. From their attire I felt that they belonged to a humble family & the old man may have worked very hard throughout his life to earn daily needs & support his family. In spite of all the hardships he may have gone through from a very young age he is still going through a lot of trouble even at such an old age. I kept wondering since how many years this man may have been without peace. It’s a child or children’s moral obligation to take care of their parents after becoming an adult. Regrettably the mentally challenged adult’s father was so unfortunate to not have got happiness, understanding, etc from his son.

Completing my Masters from TISS: - Some weeks before completing my Masters from TISS I was feeling very nostalgic everyday. I felt how so soon 2 years in TISS passed. I kept thinking about all the people whom I had befriended & how much I’ll be missing them. Leaving TISS was somewhat heart-breaking.

Death of a close mentor: - An Advocate named Mr. Brijmukesh Bhagat for whom I used I did part time work for 9 years passed away due to stroke at the age of 60. It was unexpected as he wasn’t a high blood pressure patient or diabetic. I tried my best to save him by taking him to a nearby hospital but his destiny was determined. He wasn’t married & at times he treated me like his family member. It was very depressing to lose a close person who knew me since my birth.

Getting admitted in a hospital: - For the first time after my birth I got admitted in a hospital in Ernakulam district in Kerala named Govt. Ayurveda Hospital Tripunithura in to treat my mysterious right knee pain. After consulting many allopathic doctors for my knee trouble which I had for more than 1 year & when nothing worked out my father forced me to take Ayurvedic treatment. The Ayurvedic doctor felt that I require hospitalisation & hence admitted me. I was hospitalised for around 21 days. Although being hospitalised was only a financial concern for me but certain things that I saw there were very depressing. A young adult travelling on his bike had an accident against a heavy vehicle & that resulted in one of his leg getting amputated. The young adult may be around 25 years of age & was care taken by his old father. It was extremely depressing & painful. I felt so many future dreams & expectations the family members may have had may have got quashed due to a tragic incident. I felt that after one becomes young he/she should take care of his/her parents but in some unfortunate cases it becomes other way around.

In another case an aspiring advocate who was studying law was losing his eyesight strength gradually. He had spent a lot of money at a lot of hospitals in India to prevent his optical nerve from deteriorating anything hardly worked out.

Death of Satyanarayan Goenkajee: - I've always considered Mr. Goenka as my informal Guru. His teachings made me a better human. He passed away on 29th September 2013. His death shattered me & I decided to get discharged from the Govt. Ayurveda Hospital Tripunithura in which I was admitted due to my knee pain.

Reflections: -

After becoming successful one shouldn’t become egoistic or become proud of self or be proud of all the hard work he/she did but can be proud of his/her destiny or good luck. Majority of people want to become successful & want to achieve a lot of things in life. Majority of people work very hard but don’t get success as they don’t have good luck with them. Majority of people aspire success but even one terrible setback thrusts them backward & quashes their dreams.

2 comments:

  1. Akhil finally wrote something about the time that I spent in Govt. Ayurveda Hospital Tripunithura. Actually I had sold my laptop hence didn't have a system to blog anything. Take care.

    ReplyDelete