Pages

Thursday 31 December 2015

Not being a friend

It’s not unusual for people to start considering other’s as their brother or sisters or close friend. It’s not bad when done without any ulterior motive however many do it to get their work done or to feel secured or to depend or rely on others perhaps as our society has become so fast paced.

My parents wanted to behave like a friend to me however I never liked their idea & wanted them to behave like my parents. I felt that parents must behave like parents & as it often created a void in me. In my opinion when parents behave like friends at times children take them for granted & parents also overlook their responsibilities of being the most caring & protective person.

I’ve worked as a Druggist, translator, Psychologist, Accountant & these professions made me interact with many & thus many were quick to make me a part of their family or a brother or close friend. However I never liked this practise as when I’ve maintained distance it has made me obliged to not take anybody for granted or ask for help or disturb or distract others for my benefits.

I’ve practised lay Psychoanalysis & in it I had learnt to have a mother infant relationship with clients & even before practising it or learning Psychoanalysis I used to have a feeling to treat others like GOD. This transition in me began when my parents started behaving like my friends & to make them behave like my parents I used to give them utmost respect & treat like GOD to me. I try my best to come across others as good person or the best person they’ve met in terms of humbleness, kindness, politeness, respectfulness & this I was able to do as I never considered them my brother or sister or a friend. I’m able to give them more respect as I consider them as meeting them for the first time. When we make others our relatives or close friends then many times we get judgemental about them. I believe that by not befriending others one can give others more respect & maintain relationships healthier as one won’t judge others or think wrong or immoral about them & won’t also have unrealistic expectations from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment